Part 1 Write True if the statement is correct and write False if the statement is wrong
1. Philosophy is a rational and critical enterprise that tries to formulate and answer fundamental questions through an intensive application of reason- an application that draws on analysis, comparison, and evaluation.
2. Theology is part of religious theory that deals with conceptions of human being.
3. Anthropology part of religious theory that deals with conceptions and existence of God:
4. Ontology is the study of the nature of existence, or what it means for anything to exist.
5. The field of philosophy that studies about the nature, scope, meaning, and possibility of knowledge is called epistemology.
6. From the empiricism perspective, the sensations and experiences that humans obtain through their senses are the raw material of knowledge.
7. Revelation is the direct apprehension of knowledge that is not derived from conscious/reasoning or immediate sense perception.
8. Intuition does not appear to be a safe method of obtaining knowledge when used alone.
9. Authoritative knowledge is accepted as true because it comes from experts or has been sanctified over time as tradition.
Part 2 Choose, the best answer from the given alternatives
10. ___ is the study of general and fundamental problems concerning matters such as existence, knowledge, truth, beauty, law, justice, validity, mind, and language.
11. Which one of the following is wrong concerning the basic features of philosophy
A. Philosophy is a set of views or beliefs about life and the universe, which are often held uncritically.
B. Philosophy is the process of reflecting and criticizing our most deeply held conceptions and beliefs.
C. Philosophy is an irrational attempt to look at the world as a whole.
D. Philosophy is the logical analysis of language and the clarification of the meaning of words and concepts.
12. ___ is the branch of philosophy that studies the ultimate nature of reality or existence.
13. Which one of the following is the theory of metaphysics theories that studies about the origin, nature, and development of the universe as an orderly system?
14. All of the following are the questions and issues with which epistemology except
A. What is knowledge?
B. What does it mean to exist?
C. What is the source of knowledge? Experience?
D. How can we be sure that what we perceive through our senses is correct?
15. Which one of the following is the source of knowledge that advocate the ultimate source of knowledge is God