Part I. Write TRUE if the statement is correct or FALSE if it is incorrect
1. The saying “strong do what they can, but the weak suffer what they must” best supports the assumptions of liberals than realists
2. The focus of international relations is limited to state to state relation
3. Coordination is the act of choosing the same strategy for common advantage
4. Conflict is one feature of international relation
5. International relation is basically an economic taught of states interaction
6. Anarchy is one of the triggering factors for states to inter in to security dilemma
Part II. Choose the Best Answer for the Following Questions
7. ____ is the formation of stale with an overlap of political r/ship and cultural identity
A. multi nation state
B. heterogeneous state
D. plural state
8. The structure of the international system is defined based on ____ ?
A. diplomatic capability
B. economic philosophy
C. political power
D. the location of the state
9. Which of the following structure of world politics/polar structure best characterizes the power arrangement during the WWI and WWII?
10. According to realists, peace can be achieved through:
A. Institutional reform
B. International organization and laws
C. Balance of power
11. States differ from nations in that states are primarily:
A. Neither geographic nor political entities
B. Geographic, not political entities
C. Cultural, not political entities
D. Political not cultural entities
12. Which of the following is commonly shared by both realist and liberal theory of international relation?
A. Views on Human nature
B. Views on security dilemma
C. Views on tendency of cooperation
D. Views on International system
13. Which of the following is the focus of group level analysis?
A. Global conditions
B. Political system of states
C. Personal quality of leaders
D. Role of political parties
14. Which of the following is true about liberal theory of international relations?
A. States are always in a continuous struggle and competition
B. Relative gain over absolute gain
C. States are acting in different ways
D. Anarchy is what states make of it
15. ____ are non-state actors that seek to make a profit by engaging in foreign production, marketing, finance, and staffing through directly controlled affiliates located in several states
A. Transnational interest groups
B. intergovernmental organizations
C. Multinational corporations
D. Charity organizations
16. The League of Nations was founded in 1919. As a principle, an attack against one member state is considered as an attack against all members of the League. Against this principle, in the early 1930s, Italy invaded Ethiopia Accordingly, Ethiopia appealed to the League to condemn Italian aggression and to get assistance. However, no response was given from the League, and the members also have failed to defend Ethiopia from Italian invasion.
Which of the following theories of International Relations best reflects the above case study?
B. Classical liberalism
D. All are possible answers
Part III. Short answer questions
1. List at least four types of interactions that face actors of international relation?
2. List at least two basic assumptions a realism theory?