Part I. Write True if the statement is true and False if the statement is false
1. Information is the representation of raw facts
2. Semi-structured data is a data that does not conform to the formal structure of data models
3. The microprocessor is a collection of computers, servers, mainframe, network devices, peripherals, or other devices connected to one another to allow the sharing of data
4. Due to the shift towards digitalization, Industrial Revolution 3.0 was given the nickname, digital revolution
5. To better address the high storage and computational needs of big data, computer clusters are a better fit
Part II. Choose the correct answer
1. Which one of the following is the most important inventions of the industrial revolution?
A. Rail road
B. Transatlantic Cable
2. Which one of the following is not data processing life cycle?
3. In which industrial revolution new technological systems, such as electrical power and telephones were introduced?
A. IR 1.0
B. IR 2.0
C. IR 3.0
D. 1R 4.0
4. The followings are the components of Hadoop Ecosystem except
A. Data Management
B. Data Access
C. Data Storage
5. Which Big data Value chain activity is responsible for exploring, transforming and modeling data with the goal of highlighting relevant data, synthesizing and extracting useful hidden information with high potential from a business point of view.
A. Data acquisition
B. Data usage
C. Data Analysis
D. Data Curation
6. In Hadoop ecosystem which component is responsible to transfer data from RDBMS to HDFS?
Part III. Fill the blank spaces with the correct answer
1. ____ is a multi-disciplinary field that uses scientific methods, processes, algorithms, and systems to extract knowledge and insights from structured, semi-structured and unstructured data.
2. ____ is the interpreted data on which decisions and actions are based
3. ____ is a theory of radical transformation of society through technological development
4. ____ is the re-structuring or re-ordering of data by people or machines to increase their usefulness and add values for a particular purpose
5. ____ is one of the most important elements for Big Data analysis and big data solutions that provides additional information about a specific set of data
Part IV. Write the correct answer accordingly
1. Discuss Data types from Data Analytics perspectives with examples
2. Discuss Human-Computer Interaction and list at least four disciplines contributing to it
3. Discuss Hadoop with its key characteristics
4. Discuss data processing life cycle